Hospitality industry in Slovenia – open a business!

Hospitality industry in Slovenia - open a business!

Hospitality industry in Slovenia is a beloved business activity. Owning a cute coffeeshop? A restaurant with delicious food? Or a guesthouse with stunning views? Is it your dream as well? But it does not have to stay just that. A dream. Is also easily accessible! You can open a business in Slovenia with the help of Data. We are a one-stop-shop. Choose the right company type for you. So, get support from our consultants. Call us on +386 40 530 718 (Viber, WhatsApp) or send us an e-mail to

Register a company with Data

Types of activities in hospitality industry

When you start a business in Slovenia, you have to choose a company activity. There are different types of activities you can do in hospitality industry in Slovenia. All of them can be found in the “Standard Classification of Activities 2008” (SKD 2008). Each one has a special code. Some of them are regulated, others not. Check with our legal experts, whether or not you need a licence. Do you need a special permit? They can answer all of your questions without a doubt. Firstly, we will look at what activities are in the hospitality category. Those are:

  • coffee shops,
  • bars,
  • restaurants,
  • accommodations,
  • passenger transportation and
  • tourist agencies.

Start your business in Slovenia now!

Hospitality industry in Slovenia basically connects food and drink services and tourism. However, some activities are more accessible than others. What does this mean? Some of them are unregulated. Anyone can do those. On the other hand, we have regulated activities. For those, you need a licence or a permit. For example, the activity of tourist agencies. In this case you will not only need a licence, but there are other conditions as well. We wrote about it in more detail in this article. Do you need more information? Contact us today. In order to book an appointment, you can fill out this form. We are also expecting your call to +386 40 530 718.

Call us on +386 40 530 718  (Viber/WhatsApp)

Hospitality industry in Slovenia: food and drinks

Do you want to open a coffee shop? Maybe a bar or a restaurant? Let’s see how you can do it in Slovenia. For each, you will need to register the right activity from SKD 2008. There are different codes for each. Additionally, you have to follow the law. In this case, you should look at the Hospitality industry act (ZGos). Are you having trouble understanding the laws? Don’t worry! Our legal consultants are here to help. They are experts with years of experience.

What else should you consider? To begin with, you have to fullfill the sanitary requirements. Also, do you want to sell cigarettes? In this case you need a special licence. Another thing is the space. It has to reach certain standards. If you dream of starting a business in hospitality industry in Slovenia, do it with Data! Book a business consultation to be prepared. Book an appointment via e-mail or call: / +386 40 530 718. We can help you on every step of the way. From the beginning, and when you are operating as well!

Learn more about immigration to Slovenia

Offer accommodation and transportation

Accommodation services are hotels, hostels, guesthouses, etc. In the first place, they offer people a place to sleep. Offering accommodation is very common in hospitality industry in Slovenia.

Owning real estate in Slovenia is therefore a good thing. Renting out accommodation is also determined by the Hospitality industry act. Are you going to be able to buy property in Slovenia? Can you buy real estate as a fixxed asset? How does buying real estate help you with obtaining work and residence permit? All of that can be answered by our legal consultants. They are experts in migration law.

Call us on +386 40 530 718  (Viber/WhatsApp)

Offering a bed is one way of welcoming tourists to our beautiful country. But hospitality industry in Slovenia also includes other aspects of tourism. Transportation of passengers, for example. Open a transportation company. In this case you will need a licence. Read about licences you might need here. Do you want to understand the requirements better? Then contact our legal consultants. Get advice. We are also expecting your call to +386 40 530 718 (Viber/WhatsApp). If you like, you can also send us and e-mail:

Before you visit us in Slovenia, we will be happy to welcome you on social media too! Here is our Facebook page. However, we are looking forward to your call (+386 40 530 718 ).

Share this post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *