Company registration and family reunification in Slovenia

Company registration and family reunification in Slovenia

Employment of foreigners in a Slovenian company

Have you been thinking to make company registration and family reunification in Slovenia? With opening a company in Slovenia, you can get a work and residence permit for yourself. And for foreign nationals who want to work in your company. As well as to reunite family members. Natural persons in Slovenia usually open a limited liability company. While legal entities open a subsidiary or a branch office.

A newly established company in Slovenia can also employ foreign citizens with higher education, university degree, master’s degree or doctorate who have an EU BLUE CARD. The EU Blue Card allows you to travel and work in the EU.

Do you also plan to set up a business in Slovenia? You have a good idea? But you do not know how to implement it? And you are ready for new ventures? Call us on VIber/WhatsApp +386 40 530 718 and we will provide you with complete support.

 Start your own business in Slovenia now!

Employment of citizens from other EU countries

If you want to hire a citizen of the EU you can do so on the same terms as a citizen of Slovenia. You do not need to obtain the work permit or employment service consent for their employment. Sounds perfect, right? Then use don’t miss this chance.

Our lawyers can give you full support . You have an idea? But you do not also know how to realize it? But do not worry ! You can do all this with us! Don’t wait! For more information you can also write us on

Employment of foreigners from third countries – Company registration and family reunification

Non EU citizens can also open an LTD company even without prior residence in Slovenia. What is more? You would just need 7500€ share capital.  But did you know that just by opening a company you cannot apply for work and residence permit? What is next? The company has to fulfill conditions of active business  in Slovenia. What are the conditions? Hence, the conditions are following:

  • 50.000€ investment into fixed assets of the company,
  • or 10.000€ monthly revenue each month for 6 months,
  • or to have an EU citizen employed for 6 months on full time salary.

Once you fulfill the conditions of active business, you can ask for multiple work and residence permits. In other words, if both husband and wife will be employed in Slovenia, children can also get residence permit. In other words family reunification is possible if both have employment in the company.  On the other hand, if only one parent is employed, for family reunification you will have to wait up to two years. Want to know more what option is best for you? Don’t wait! Write us on

Want to know more about business migration to Slovenia?

Family reunification and EU blue card based on company registration

If you also want to stay in Slovenia for employment, you must obtain a single work and residence permit. The single permit allows foreign citizens to work and stay in the territory of the Republic of Slovenia. The single permit combines two permits: a residence permit and a work permit.

The fastest and easiest way to reunite a family is to start a company in Slovenia. That is to say, the conditions are as follows:

  • both partners are also employed in the company, family reunification is possible immediately.
  • only one of the partners works in the established company. Family reunification is possible after two years.
  • both partners receive a work and residence permit. They can also bring minor children with them.
  • If the children are of legal age, they can work in the company on the basis of a work and residence permit. Or if they receive student status to continue their studies.
  • If the children have to go to school and one partner has a work and residence permit, he can bring his children to school on the basis of enrollment. Want to know more about EU blue card?

Therefore, do you plan to start a business in Europe? Do you also want to learn more about eligibility criteria for EU blue card ? Send us an email to 

Do you need business advice?

Are there differences in the procedures for obtaining work and residence permits?

In the case of employment of foreigners from most third countries, a foreigner applies for a single work and residence permit in Slovenia. But what are the exceptions? The only exception is the employment of a foreigner from Serbia or Bosnia and Herzegovina. Namely, Slovenia has an agreement with these two countries. Which provides for two separate procedures for getting a work permit and a residence permit. Namely, the employer first gives an application for a work permit. This usually issues the employment service for 3 years. The employee then applies for a residence permit.
You already have a great plan ? But you need help? Don’t wait! Regarding additional questions for basic steps to open a company in Slovenia , do not hesitate to contact our legal experts at and receive advice from our business consultants. At Data , you can get also everything in one place. A full help of accountants, lawyers and business specialists. We will help you at every step of starting your business in Slovenia / EU.

Why choose DATA ?

You have many new ideas? Do you plan to expand your business in Europe? Our experts will be happy to help you. Send us an email to We advice you to visit our Facebook  and Instagram. You can also sign up for free webinars on business in Slovenia.

Share this post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *