Single work and residence permit in Slovenia

Single work and residence permit in Slovenia

The 1st September brought some changes regarding work permits for foreigners from third countries – according to these changes foreigner citizens can obtain single work and residence permit in Slovenia. Single work and residence permit in Slovenia is issued by Administrative Unit, but Employment Service need to issue a consent so that the single permit can be issued. Those who applied for work permit before 1st September will obtain it under previous law conditions and after obtaining work permit they will apply for residence permit at the Slovenian diplomatic mission or consulate abroad.

The single permit allows to reside and work in Slovenia for a period of one year, after one year permit needs to be prolonged. Period for prolongation of single permit is 60 days before your single permit is expired.

Those foreigner citizens who come to Slovenia with the aim of employment, therefore does not need two separate permits as single permit combines and replaces the residence permit, which was previously issued by Administrative Unit and work permit, which was issued at the Employment Service.

As it was said, all documents are to be applied at embassy of Slovenia abroad or Administrative unit, while these institutions themselves ask for consent from Employment service to issue someone work permit. Employment service will issue a consent if the company fulfils terms and conditions prescribed by law.

Consent to the single work and residence permit in Slovenia will be issue to those who will be:

  • Employed in Slovenia or
  • Have EU Blue Card or
  • Representatives of Slovenian companies or
  • Seasonal workers in agriculture, which is longer than 90 days.

If you do not have yet an employer in Slovenia, and you are willing to work in Slovenia all you have to do is to start your own business by opening a company in Slovenia or a branch office of already existing company in your country if you have one. In Data we offer comprehensive assistance in registration of companies in Slovenia. Registration of company is done quickly without much documentation needed.

For opening a company all you need to bring is your passport, Slovenian tax number and certificate of noncriminal record from Slovenia. We provide our clients fully, therefore we can also obtain tax number and certificate of non criminal record for you. Apart form registration of companies, we will consult you on taxation, labor law, recruitment of stuff and business consulting.

We offer variety of support services for foreign nationals: obtaining and prolongation of work and residence permit, services of virtual offices, accounting service, translation of documents etc. In case you need help with assimilation in Slovenia we will be glad to advise you.

If you are interested in more information, please contact our consultant by phone 00386 1 6006 270 or 00386 40 530 718 (Viber, WhatsApp) or send us your questions by email You can also follow us on Facebook.

Share this post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *