There are many forms of business income exempt from income tax. In Slovenia, it is Income Tax Act (ZDoh-2) defines the income exempt from income tax. Do you know which are they? If you don’t, then this article will give you the information. Besides, do you also want to know more about income tax or other taxes? Contact us and get in touch with our tax advisors! Just send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +386 40 530 718 (Viber/WhatsApp)!
Which income is taxable and subject to income tax?
Before we look at which income is exempt from income tax, let’s first check which income is not. Income tax is a tax on personal income. Moreover, one pays income tax on the basis of yearly assessment on informative calculations. The taxpayer receives them at home. During the year, we pay an advance payment of income tax. The next forms of income are subject to income tax:
- Income from employment;
- Income from activities;
- Incomes from primary agricultural and primary forestry activities;
- Income from property rent and from the transfer of property rights;
- Income from capital;
- Other income.
Other income includes prizes, gifts etc. What is more, the Article 105 of the Income Tax code defines other income in more detail. Do you find this helpful? Do you want to know more about taxes in Slovenia? Just call us on +386 40 530 718 (Viber/WhatsApp) and we will be happy to help you! Do you want to know more about business in Slovenia?
Which ones are exempt?
Moreover, Income Tax Act (ZDoh-2) and the Articles 20 to 34 define the income exempt from income tax. In essence, they include the following:
- Aids and subsidies (for instance, due to a young family as a motivation as an incentive for first-time home ownership);
- Income, including in the form of payment of expenses, services and other benefits, under special laws (for example, veterans’ aid under the Law on War Veterans);
- Income from parental care and unemployment insurance (e.g. child benefit);
- An income from pension, invalidity and health insurance (e.g. disability benefit);
- Income that refers to safety, security and rescue services (e.g. income that one receives under a voluntary military service contract);
- Income that refers to education (for example, tuitions, transport, life expenses)
- Incomes that refer to agricultural and forestry activities (for example, payments under agricultural policy measures received in connection with long-term investments);
Does this interest you? Do you want to know more? Perhaps you want to register a company in Slovenia? Check our article about business profits and costs! In either case, DATA is always at your disposal and ready to help you. We have a big team of experts that can guide you before and after the registration process! Contact us and get full support!
Other forms of income that are exempt
These are the basic forms of business income exempt from income tax. However, there are more. Let’s explore them together! If you don’t find this helpful enough, you can always get in touch with our experts! We have specialized tax advisors who can guide you! So, the other forms of income include:
- Return of property;
- Income that refers to family relationships;
- Other income that refers to legal and administrative cases (e.g. interest on late payments);
- Special income from employment and profession (e.g. payment for detainees’ work);
- Capital gains from the purchase of movable property;
- Pension grants and redemption values paid in accordance with the Law on the First Pension Fund of the Republic of Slovenia and on the Transformation of Authorized Investment Companies;
- Posthumous benefits that an individual receives from a self-help fund by the Federation of Pensioners’ Associations of Slovenia.
DATA – your best business partner
Data treats its clients with great respect. We help new entrepreneurs open and grow their businesses in Slovenia for more than 30 years. In fact, we have a large team of experts that offer quality business, accounting, and legal services! Want to know more about business income exempt from income tax? Do you want to open a company and get residency in Slovenia? Maybe you want to know what businesses can you register? You are on the right place! Contact us and get all the information and start your business today! With our help, you can start your business in no time! Don’t wait! Last but not least, if you want to know more about our work and the latest changes about company registration, follow our Facebook page!