Transport companies, new regulations regarding the driving time and break of drivers, as well as the validity of permits are in place due to the outbreak of coronavirus in Slovenia. In this article, we are presenting the new measures for transport companies.
Data d.o.o. is a leading service provider for company registration in Slovenia. We offer support to entrepreneurs who want to start or already have a business in Slovenia. In addition to professional accounting services, we also provide tax consultation, legal support and consultion. Our legal department can assist you in implementing the measures that the state offers to entrepreneurs with their business in Europe during these extraordinary circumstances. If you need legal advice or advice regarding obtaining funds for business conduct, as well consultation of our tax experts on tax benefits, please or send an inquiry to [email protected] or call us at +386 1 6006 270 or +386 40 530 718 (Viber/Whatsapp). You can also follow us on Facebook.
Changes regarding driving time and rest
In the period from 16.03.2020 until 14.04.2020 the following changes for domestic and international transport apply in the Republic of Slovenia:
- The maximum daily driving time extends to 11 hours (previously 9 hours).
- The maximum weekly driving time shall extends to 60 hours (previously 56 hours).
- Maximum permitted total driving time for any two consecutive weeks shall extends to 96 hours (previously 90 hours).
- A continuous break of at least 45 minutes should occur after 5.5 hours (previously 4.5 hours).
- Regular daily rest for transport drivers reduces to 9 hours (previously 11 hours).
- Regular weekly rest period: after six 24-hour periods (previously at the latest at the end of six 24-hour periods from the end of the previous weekly rest period)
Extension of validity of vehicle registration
Due to the coronavirus, the temporary legislation forbids to carry out technical inspections and other procedures in Slovenia regarding the registration of motor vehicles and work in tachograph workshops.
The ban is valid until 16th April 2020.
Vehicle registrations, including vehicle insurance expiring at the time of the prohibition, extends until 16th May 2020.
Transport companies in Slovenia: Traffic is not interrupted
Freight traffic at Slovenian borders with neighboring countries is not interrupted. We advise that the drivers carry with them all the relevant business certificates when entering another country. We also advise that you have all the necessary documentation arranged in accordance with Slovenian legislation for transport companies.