Owner of a company – obtaining work and residence permit

Owner of a company – obtaining work and residence permit

If you have been thinking about opening a company in Slovenia, you probably also thought about the responsibilities of the owner of the company. In this article, we will be explaining who can be an owner of the company. What are his responsibilities? And how he can obtain a work and residence permit for Slovenia? Do you want to start business in Slovenia as well! Then contact us! You can call us on +386 40 530 718 (Viber/WhatsApp). You can write us an email to data@data.si as well!

Business in Slovenia

Owner of a company – what is a LTD company?

If you want to do business in Europe as a non-EU citizen, you can open an LTD company. An LTD company is a private company limited by shares. It has to have at least one shareholder and at least one representative. The minimal founding capital in the LTD is 7.500€ and the company is responsible for business conduct in that amount.

The owner of the company is the shareholder in the company. An owner ensures the company’s founding capital when registering the company. The representative in the company is a person responsible for business conduct of the company. What does representative do? For example sign contracts, manage the financial aspect of the company etc.

Read more about immigration to Slovenia

Who can be an owner of an LTD company?

An owner of the LTD company can be an EU citizen or also a non-EU citizen. The person has to be older than 18 years. But before company registration, owner needs to obtain a Slovenian tax number. But of course there are some limitations who can’t be owner of LTD company!

An owner cannot be a person who:

  • Was convicted of a crime against economy and has a criminal record in Slovenia issued by the Slovenian Ministry of Justice.
  • Has been listed in public records for not submitting tax reports for the last 12 months.
  • Is a 25% owner of a company that did not submit tax reports in the last 12 months.
  • Received a fine by the Slovenian Labor Inspection for undeclared work at least twice in the last 3 years.
  • Was at least 50% owner of a company that got erased from the business registry of Slovenia without liquidation.

You also cannot become an owner of the company, if you already opened an LTD company in the last 3 months.

Contact us!

Does owning a company give you immediate right to apply for work and residence permit? Or no?

Are you citizen of country, which isn’t part of EU? Then you need work and residence permit in order to work in your company and live in Slovenia. If you are owner of the company, you don’t get immediate right for business immigration.

You can apply for work and residence permit if your company fulfills one of the following conditions. So, your company can either:

  • invest 50.000€ into fixed assets of the company within the first 6 months from company registration,
  • or employ an EU citizen for a period of at least 6 months on a full work day (for example a Slovenian citizen),
  • or show company turnover at least 10.000€ each month for 6 consecutive months.

There is also the possibility to obtain work and residence permit if you have a university degree. In that case the company does not have to fulfill one of the above-mentioned conditions. Do you need more information about business in Slovenia? Then contact us! You can call us on +386 40 530 718 (Viber/WhatsApp). You can write us an email to data@data.si as well!

Do you need business advice?

Establish a company with the support of company Data!

Do you want to do business in Slovenia? Data will be happy to offer full support in the process. We can help you to obtain the Slovenian tax number for all owners and representatives.

You can also register the company at our VEM/SPOT point free of charge. We have governmental concession to register companies at our office. We have also legal team who can help you to understand the responsibilities of an owner of the company. They can also prepare contracts for your company! And let’s not forget! We offer also accounting services! And you have support of our experienced tax consultants as well! Does your company needs business address? We can provide service of virtual office! Does that interest you? Then start with company registration process today!  You can write to our email data@data.si. Or call us! We are available on +386 40 530 718 (Viber/WhatsApp)! Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook as well!

Contact DATA for support! We have more than 32 years of experience! Do you want to know more about taxes and legislation too? Contact us for support! With rich experience and a team of 40 experts, we have already helped thousands with registration of companies!

Share this post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *