Intervention act of the Slovenian government

Intervention act of the Slovenian government

Due to the coronavirus outbreak the Slovenian government is preparing an intervention act for entrepreneurs with a business in Slovenia. This intervention act will support entrepreneurs in maintaining job positions for employees in their respective companies. It is one of the extraordinary measures of the government to protect the stability of the economy. It is to minimize the adverse effect that such an emergency situation like the coronavirus outbreak would have on the future of the economic growth of Slovenia.

Data d.o.o. has been supporting entrepreneurs with their business in Europe for nearly 30 years. Even this extraordinary situation, we provide professional guidance with company registration and accounting services. Our specialised team of legal advisors can guide you in understanding the intervention act and other supportive measures. They can also prepare the required documentation should your company need support in taking advantage of the proposed benefits in this time.

The purpose of the intervention law is to maintaining employment in Slovenia

The purpose of the intervention law is the maintenance of jobs in companies operating in the affected industries. It will forsee assistance through a measure of partial reimbursement of wages paid to workers. Employers who are temporarily unable to provide employees with work and who meet certain conditions of the intervention law will be eligible for reimbursement.

Intervention law: The right to partial reimbursement of paid salary allowances is only possible if certain conditions are met

The right to partial reimbursement of wages paid to workers on temporary waiting for work may be exercised by a company who employs workers who have suffered from a deterioration of the company’s business situation as a result of the coronavirus outbreak.

In exercising the right to a partial reimbursement of wages you would need to:

  • provide a description of the business situation due to the effects of the virus. Based on a description of the business position of the company it will be determined that the employer is temporarily unable to provide work for at least 30% of the employees at the same time, and decides to post them on a temporary waitlist for work,
  • submit a written statement committing to keep the workers’ jobs at least six months after the start of their temporary waitlist for work.

The employer may put the workers on a temporary waitlist for work for of up to three months

An employee is entitled to a wage compensation of 80% of the basis laid down in the Employment Relationships Act. The basis is the average monthly salary of a full-time worker from the last three months or from the period of work in the last three months before the start of absence.

The intervention act foresees that employers pay 60% of the salary for the employees on the waitlist. The remaining 40 % the government of the Republic of Slovenia will cover.

Should you decide to take advantage of this measure, you would need to prepare the appropriate documentation. Our specialised legal department can consult you on the matter as well as prepare the necessary documents.

We want to emphasise that even in these trying times, the Slovenian government will take care of its entrepreneurs. Even if you are a foreign citizen with a company in Slovenia, you can take advantage of these measures. For more information on company registration in Slovenia, EU, you can write to our email We are available also for legal consultation and support with the intervention act. You can also contact us over the phone 00386 1 6006 270 or 00386 40 530 718 (Viber, WhatsApp). You can also follow us on Facebook.

Share this post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *