New entrepreneurs frequently ask what are the basic conditions to start a business in Slovenia. Whether you choose to start a limited liability company (LTD) or a sole proprietorship (s.p.), education is not one of the basic conditions to start a business. Although, education is a basic condition if you want to carry business activities as entrepreneur. Do you have idea? Don’t know which type of company you want to open? Let us help you! Just call us on +386 40 530 718 (Viber/WhatsApp)!
Basic conditions for starting business at a DATA Point
The conditions to start a business at a DATA Point are:
- the founder of s.p. or LTD must come in person for the registration procedure with a valid identity document,
- founder must make an appointment for the procedure (he/she can also book an appointment),
- statement from the owner of the building of the address of the company, if the founder is not the owner. There are two forms separate for s.p. or LTD.
The registration process for LTD or s.p. at the DATA Point takes 30 minutes. Does this help you? Do you plan to start a business in Slovenia? Then, stay with us! We will explore all the necessary basic conditions. Also, we offer different services and full guidance for the registration process. Send us an email at [email protected] and schedule a meeting!
After DATA – what does the ZGD-1 say?
Moreover, the process does not end at DATA. There are a few more basic conditions after DATA. We need to follow the rules of the Companies Act. Don’t worry! We will help you with that, too. For example, the Article 10a(1) says that a person can establish a company:
- if it has not been sentenced to prison for a criminal act against the economy, labor relations, social security, property, environment, natural goods, and it is not in the criminal record of the Ministry of Justice,
- that is not on the list of tax dodgers in the last 12 months,
- does not directly or indirectly hold more than 25 % of the capital in a company, which has been put on the list of tax dodgers or non-returners in the last 12 months under the law governing the tax procedure,
- is not fired at least twice in the last three years by a final decision of the Labor Inspectorate or the Financial Administration for an offence about payment for work or illegal employment,
- has not participated with more than 50 % in the capital of a LTD that has been removed from the court register under the law of financial management, insolvency and compulsory wind-up.
Starting a business – help with interpretation of legislation
So, these are the basic conditions for starting a business in Slovenia. However, before you start a business, you need to know about the basic conditions so you can choose the right type of company for your business idea. Do you still have dilemmas? Let DATA help you. Our legal counselors provide high quality service with interpretation of legislation. They can also guide you through the whole process. After you start the business, you can stay in contact with us by choosing our accounting services. We at DATA are always here to provide business counselling. Also, please check our Facebook and Instagram to find more about our work!