Slovenian citizenship may be acquired by origin, which means that a person gets citizenship of the Republic of Slovenia through his or her parents or at least one of them, provided that the parent is a Slovenian citizen at the time of the birth.
Slovenian citizenship can be also acquired by naturalisation
Naturalisation means that somebody who is not a citizen of that country at the time and birth wants to get citizenship and nationality of that country.
If you want to obtain Slovenian citizenship by naturalisation one of the following conditions has to be fulfilled:
1. if a person has been living in the Republic of Slovenia for at least 10 years;
2. if a person is married to a Slovenian citizen;
3. if a person lost citizenship of the Republic of Slovenia due to renunciation of or release from citizenship;
4. if a person is a Slovenian expatriate or his/her descendant;
5. if a person is without any citizenship (stateless person);
6. if a person is a refugee;
7. if a person attended and successfully finished at least an university study programme in the Republic of Slovenia;
8. if a person was born in the territory of the Republic of Slovenia and has been living in the Republic of Slovenia since birth;
9. if a person is a child under the age of 18 and has been living in the Republic of Slovenia.
Slovenian citizenship with exceptional naturalisation
Foreigners can get Slovenian citizenship also with exceptional naturalisation. If there are any interest of the country Slovenia due to scientific, economic, cultural, national or other similar reasons and stipulates a one-year period of actual living in the Republic of Slovenia as well as enables the get citizenship under easier conditions;
Foreigner has to fulfill the following conditions:
- the person must be at least 18 years of age,
- the person has a guaranteed permanent source of income in at least the amount that enables material and social security,
- the person has not been sentenced to an unconditional prison sentence longer than three months, nor conditionally sentenced to prison sentence with probation longer than one year;
- the person’s residence permit in the Republic of Slovenia has not been annulled;
- the person’s naturalisation poses no threat to the public order, security or defense of the State;
- the person has settled all tax obligations;
- the person submits a declaration that, by obtaining citizenship of the Republic of Slovenia, he/she agrees with the legal system of the Republic of Slovenia.
The existence of circumstances that justify the reasons for this kind of citizenship being granted is established by the Government of the Republic of Slovenia on the basis of the opinion of the competent authority.
When you satisfy requirements to get Slovenian citizenship, we can help you with the application, fulfilling required forms and be also authorized for this procedure in your behalf.
If you have any more questions about Slovenian citizenship, you can contact us on email: email@example.com or phone: +386 1 6001 530 or Viber/WhatsApp: +386 40 530 718.