What tax concessions are there in Slovenia?
Tax concessions in Slovenia can lower the amount of the tax base. In addition to the tax concessions for investments and subsidies, do not forget about the tax concessions that you can request to reduce your tax base in 2016, which are connected to the employment of your employees.
Based on the »Law on Corporate Income tax for legal entities«, a legal entity with the status of the private limited company (LTD) can request concessions connected to the employment of employees, namely:
- For employees of the ages up to 26 years – concession in the amount of 45% of the gross salary (for the first 24 months) or at the most the amount of the tax base (based on the condition that this person has not worked in this company in the past 24 months and was registered at the employment office as unemployed at least 6 months. The contract of employment has to be made for an indefinite period and that by employing this person the total number of employees in the company has to increase).
- For employees of the ages older than 55 years (same conditions as in the point above)
- For employees with disabilities – concession in the amount of 50% of the gross salary or at the most the amount of the tax base.
- For employees with limited physical abilities, meaning that they have 100% of any physical damages or are deaf – concession in the amount of 70% of the gross salary or at the most the amount of the tax base.
- For an employee with limited abilities, which the company has hired and thus exceeded the quota – concession in the amount of 70% of the gross salary or at most the amount of the tax base.
- For trainees, apprentices and students – based on the based on the training agreement for undergoing a practice in the field of a vocational college – concession in the amount of a salary or 20% of the average salary in Slovenia for each month of the program.
- For voluntary supplementary pension insurance, the sums of paid premiums – concession in the amount of 24% of mandatory contributions for pension insurance and disability insurance for employees, respectively up to 2,819.09 € but at the most in the amount of the tax base.
- All tax concessions for legal entities can be found in the Income Tax Act in Articles 55-59.
If you would like to take advantage of the tax concessions, do not forget that you would need the help of a qualified accountant or assistance of an expert on taxation.
Tax concession in Slovenia – a good way to reduce your company’s expenses, such as the payments for employees.
Free consultation! Contact us!
Write us an e-mail to the address [email protected], give us a call on the telephone number, +386 1 6006 270, Viber/WhatsApp: +386 40 530 718, or contact us on Skype data.business7. You can also follow us on Facebook.
Leave a Reply