Tax rates in Slovenia
Before starting a business in Slovenia you have to consider what are tax rates and which taxes have to be paid according to Slovenian legislation. As Business Taxes in Slovenia are considered Value Added Tax (VAT) and Corporate Income Tax, while each individual has to pay also personal income tax.
For identification purposes only each foreign citizen, who is opening a company in Slovenia needs to obtain Slovenian Tax Number – we can obtain it in your name as well.
Taxes in Slovenia
VAT and VAT number in Slovenia
Legal entities registered in Slovenia or foreign companies – be it from other EU Member States or from third party countries, have right to apply for VAT Registration number, in order to get tax refund in Slovenia, in case company pays VAT in Slovenia. In Data we assist in the procedure of obtaining VAT number in Slovenia, which means:
- We apply for VAT registration number in Slovenia
- As your accounting service we claim tax refund in Slovenia for our clients
The standard VAT rate in Slovenia is 22 % and 9,5 % reduced rate – latter applies to goods and services specially defined by the VAT Act.
Income Tax in Slovenia
- Corporate Income Tax in Slovenia
Corporate Income Tax rate in Slovenia is 19 % – valid from 1st January 2017. Income Tax in Slovenia is always calculated for the previous business year i.e. 1. January to 31. December.
A foreign company carrying our business in Slovenia has to pay Corporate Income Tax, if their activities are performed through business unit.
There is also a special tax rate in Slovenia, which is 0 % for investment funds, pension funds and venture capital companies, if they fulfil certain conditions.
- Personal Income Tax in Slovenia
An individual’s income is taxable at a progressive rate of 16% – 50%.
A foreign individual, having residence permit in Slovenia has to pay Personal Income Tax if they are present in Slovenia for more than 183 days in 12 months period. In order to ecome Slovenian tax resident, an application form has to be filed to the Tax Office.
Reliable information on taxation in Slovenia
Our services related to taxation in Slovenia encompass following fields:
- calculation of VAT, duties and other turnover taxes
- calculation of income tax and other tax deductions
- reduction of tax liabilities (for legal and natural persons)
- calculation of personal income tax and other taxes for natural persons,
- projections of tax returns (tax planning)
- analysis of business conditions and directions for future
- obtaining VAT registration number
- and other activities, directly or indirectly, related to taxes.
Experienced accountants and tax consultants in DATA company will be glad to help you to optimize the costs. Do not hesitate and contact us via phone +386 (0)1 6006 270, e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or via contact form.